Tuesday, October 1, 2013

To Hear His Voice

So, this has been on my mind.

Well, actually, a lot of things have been on my mind, but this is one of them:

That I wish to walk closer with God, learn to hear Him when He speaks, to listen to Him.
I want to know Him more intimately.

I always struggled with prayer, and I want to pray more.  

Just as Paul says in Ephesians 6:18:

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests."

I mean, we're supposed to pray all the time, be in constant union with the Lord.  

If He desires this unity, I want that to be my desire.

So, here we are.  
I've decided to challenge myself, and with it being the first of October, sounded like a good starting place.

I want to spend more time with my Savior.  
I want to walk with God, and hear His voice, pray with the intention to hear and listen.

"The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep.  The watchman opens the gate for him and the sheep listen to his voice.  He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.  When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice."
John 10:2-4

Hope this makes sense.  My brain is a little foggy, but I think I got across my main point.

Peace.

No comments: