Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ten Days Meme: Day VI

After last night's little rant, I actually feel a little better. Not really better physically, 'cause I'm still feeling blah and tired, but inside I feel a little "lighter". I don't think it fixed the problem, but getting it out kinda felt good.

Other than that, upon reflection, there is something I want to say about this meme concerning Day 1: I am ashamed to say that a lot of what I said was out of anger. I still feel like those things needed to be said, but I should have shown more restraint, maybe thought about it more.

Just felt the need to say that.

Now...on with the show.

Day Six:

Five People Who Mean A Lot (In No Order Whatsoever)


(CAUTION: The only people who will be mentioned are the lucky five who find golden tickets.)


This is a hard one right now. There are many people who mean a lot to me. Even people who I'm struggling with right now. I feel like only mentioning five people is like...blasphemous or something.

And if I don't mention so-and-so, but I mention what's-his/her-face, obviously I don't care about so-and-so as much as so-and-so thought, thus starting all kinds of drama, etc.

Hm.

So...do I just pull names out of a hat, or what?
Maybe I SHOULD send out five golden tickets.
Ha...that always makes me think of the old Willy Wonka movie with Gene Wilder. You know the scene where Charlie's mum is singing, "Cheer up, Charlie..." ? My brothers and I used to always make fun of that part.
"Throw up, Charlie, let's see a frown. What happened to that scowl I used to know?
Don't you know that life just get's worse now Charlie...."
Wow. We were horrible.
But funny.
Anways...where was I? Oh yes, five special people who mean a lot to me.
Well...that's just it. I don't know just five people who mean a lot. Those who know me well enough to be more than aquaintances I find very valuable.
And I know that's more than five people.
Ugh.
So...I'm just gonna do it this way:
1 - 5: My dearest friends mean the world to me. I'm often surprised that I even have friends at all, knowing how I can be with my moods. So...thanks. It means a lot that you guys still think me your friend. I only wish we all hung out more often, and that I was able to express how much you all mean to me.
There. That should do it.
And I meant every word of that.

2 comments:

Patton said...

What you meant to post was...

1. Bryan

Jennifer Ruth said...

Ha! <-- meant in a good natured way, not in a "Haha, why would you even think that?!" way.

You're included, don't worry.

I should have put 1 through (some number other and more than 5).