Friday, August 12, 2011

Beauty of God: Day 12 - I Almost Didn't Update....

Because I couldn't think of anything.

But then I remembered, it's not how big or small, it's the fact that God is beautiful, and has many beautiful attributes.

So, how has His beauty been revealed to me today?

One, through my dog, Stitch.


Look at my little girl. Ain't she adorable?

I took her with me when I went to AC Moore to buy some foam board to mount a whole bunch of photography and art prints needed for tomorrow (or, rather, today....).

This dog seriously brings me so much joy.
I don't understand why she gets as enthusiastic to see me as she does.

Why would anyone be happy to see me?

I'm clumsy.
I often have a short fuse.
I feel like I'm too much for people.
I don't make much sense when I talk.

And yet, this dog about all but pees herself whenever I walk through the door.
When she's happy, I'm happy.

Whenever I leave for work, she follows me to the garage, with a half mournful, half hopeful face.
I think, really, she just wants to go for a car ride.
But I think also, she knows when I'm leaving to go somewhere, and she knows she can't come with me.

And even when I leave her for a minute to go and get the mail, she acts like I had been gone all day.

So...this kind of got me thinking: is God that happy when we come back to Him, whether it be after years and years of wandering, or just a few minutes of prayer?

I'm not trying to bring God down the the level of a dog by any means. But I do believe He made these creatures, and other animals, for a special purpose, to teach us what raw emotion is like.

When we invite Yeshua in to our hearts, is it anything similar to the exhuberance shown when I say, "Stitch, wanna go for a ride?"
Oh, how her ears prick foreword, and she just dances and whines and wags her tail. Sometimes, I feel like she's going to explode.

So, if a dog can be that excited for a person, why don't we always get that excited for Yeshua?
I think it's because we're not full of just "raw" emotion.

We let complications get in the way.

But the Spirit of Joy has got to be one of the most beautiful attributes of our Lord. If He has bestowed it upon us, why don't we give some of it back to Him?
If that makes sense.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's in interesting that GOD spelled backwards in dog-who also gives unconditional love!