Monday, August 22, 2011

Beauty of God: Day 22 - His Enduring Faithfulness

This could probably be saved for the last day of this challenge, but since today was full of accomplishments, I've been thinking about how this challenge has improved my walk with Yeshua.

I mean, I still definitely feel like I could do so much more. I know I've made such a "mess of me" that I want to see where God's beauty will come through (and, can I seriously quote Switchfoot any more in this blog?! Actually...yeah, I know I can, haha).

But I know I've been focusing on all that I need to work on, that needs fixing in my life. Which isn't wrong to admit when I'm wrong, and need to be made right.

But what about the little God-given successes in my life, within this challenge?

Today has been full of little accomplishments, getting things done here before work. And it feels great to get stuff done. So I've reflected some on what little accomplishments have been goin' on with this challenge so far.

For instance, yeah, I know I need to focus on loving Him first with all my heart, mind and soul. Like, I could definitely be doing that more.
But in regards to that, I can say this: there's quite a bit I've given up to spend more time with God.

For example, my morning routine typically consists of turning on the TV while making tea and breakfast. And the TV ends up eating most of my time, because I get sucked in to whatever I'm watching that my morning routine takes twice as long as it should.

But lately, I've kept it off, and brought my Bible out with me instead.

I'm not trying to brag, but this is seriously a huge improvement for me. Definitely wouldn't have been doing that this time last year.

Another little success is, even though God's not on my mind 24/7, I do think of Him more. A lot of it is mostly little silent prayers. Or wondering what He's gonna do with my life, the lives of my friends, hopes, dreams, etc. And constantly being reminded that no matter what happens, He will remain faithful to the end.

I think that's all I can think of right now...but success is a beautiful thing, no matter how small.
And it's good to think of these things. The more I focus on the negative, the less inspired I am.

God's beauty shown today?

Think of past successes, where His hand has been. They are reminders of His faithfulness and love, where He's been tweaking this rough, messy sketch to paint a picture of something bigger and better than what I see right now.

No comments: