Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Beauty of God: Day 17 - Not Just for Me

I've been focusing on me me me throughout these past 2 1/2 weeks.

I think it's time to own that God's beauty this month isn't all mine. He's not just teaching me stuff. He's teaching other people, whether they're a part of this challenge or not.

I've seen His hand in my friends' lives, and I know His hand will always be in their lives.

I've seen prayers answered in their lives, watched all of us grow and learn.
I know it's been a bumpy road for all of us. We've each had our individual ins and outs. For instance (back to me, heh), where I'm at now in my life I never would have thought I'd be this time last year.

This time last year, I was giving up. I'd had it with everything.

Life, and love, and why
Child, adult, then die
All of your hoping and all of your searching
for what?


Yeah.

I think I can say that many of my dear friends aren't where they thought they'd be this time last year.
But I've noticed a trend in them: they all seem to be growing closer to God.

And you have no idea how much that touches me, that we're all kinda in the same place...?
If that makes sense.

So many of my younger friends are changing and growing too. They have this "life" in their eyes that I wish I had had at their age.

My little brother is making his way in the world, and playing his heart out on the guitar. I know God is going to do great things in his life.

Where has God's hand been in all of your lives?

I think it's beautiful that He can draw us together as we all grow in Him.

No comments: