Friday, August 5, 2011

Beauty of God: Day 5 - It's the Little Things in Life

I'm the kind of person who's very easy to please and amuse. It really doesn't take much to lift my spirit.

Like the past couple days at work, I wore different colored Converse: purple and red (not at the same time).
And I felt like there was a bit more of a bounce in my step.

And today, after having woken up late and feeling a big groggy, the first person I see is my dad.

Now, anyone who knows me knows I'm not a morning person in ANY sense of the word.
But when I saw pops standing there in the kitchen, I couldn't stop smiling.

And to top it all off, my brother came home from work earlier, and we got to hang out for a little while (aka went to the bank together, which may not seem like "hanging out", but I loved every minute of it).

That all might seem petty...colorful shoes, and people you probably think I see every single day.

Well:
The Converse made people smile.
And I don't get to see my dad or brother except on the weekends, or if I come home from work early.

God is full of little surprises. I think it's important to recognize and appreciate the simple things in life, especially since I'm the kind that tends to worry and over-complicate things.

But the more I worry about everything, the less simple joys I'll be able to...enjoy, which makes me forget about what Yeshua is doing in my life daily. Which causes me to forget to thank Him and praise Him for even the little things.

Too often in my life I focus on big things, good and bad.
But those little things are there for a reason.

God is very detailed. I mean, obviously, look at what He created! From the tallest mountain, to the smallest insect. The universe, to the atom.

He wouldn't create little details for no reason.

So. What has God taught me about His beauty in my life today?

That all things, from my family down to colorful shoes, serve a purpose.
(Hope that made sense.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! He is a God of detail, for sure!!!!