Monday, August 29, 2011

Beauty of God: Day 29 - Bittersweet Part II

Today I started in my new position as a floater, meaning that I fill in for people who call out sick or go on vacation.

It felt super weird to not be going to where I was cleaning for the past few months. And the more I cleaned these new buildings with these new people, the more I knew how much I'm missing everyone at the old building.

Maybe it's because I knew that building well, and it was stable. I wasn't jumping around from building to building. It was straighforward and chill.

But I definitely know that the people there made all the difference.

Those who know me well know that I don't attatch myself to just anyone. For instance, when I went to community college, I absolutely did not go there to make friends. If I made aquaintances, that was cool, but I knew for a fact that I was never gonna see those people after that semester, and that I had enough friends.
I guess, in other words, I don't invest my time in people when I feel like it's not worth it.

But these people - my co-worker, the guards, the other employees - made a huge impact on my life.

A thought that keeps occurring is that I miss the stability, being able to go in there, do my thing.

Maybe this is God's way of shaking my life up a bit, testing the waters, so to speak. Gettin' me out of my shell. Because I know I tend to get too comfortable when things are stable, and then I don't advance or grow any.

Wow...now I'm thinking of all the times, just this year, that God has really given my life a good shaking. Figuratively AND literally, thanks to the earthquake, ha.

I know I'm definitely gonna be visiting everyone at my former cleaning place, because they really do have a special place in my heart now. But I think now it's also a good thing to move on, get out there, see what I'm made of.

On a sidenote, my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews leave tomorrow. They're coming back at least two more times in the upcoming months, but I'm still going to really miss them. It's been so great hanging out with them, having one-on-one times, and getting to know my nephews more. They're all so great to have in my life.

No comments: