Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beauty of God: Day 4 - His Faithfulness...for Me?!

I'm probably one of the clutziest people around.

No joke.

I'm the kind of person who gets her pockets caught on drawer handles.
Tonight at work, all I did was trip over cords and drop dry-mop handles. I even got my barrel caught up under my foot. Which hurt. Real bad.

Sometimes, I feel like I make a bigger mess of things than necessary. And this doesn't make sense, because I make my living (right now) cleaning.

When people see me clean, do all they see is this tangled-up does-not-look-her-age girl in red (or purple) Converse?
I hope they see I actually do my job....
But I am the most unprofessional cleaning lady there is.

Really, the people I work with are wonderful. I wish people could be half as lucky as I am. But I'm such a clutz, it frustrates the crap out of me.

And yet...God will accept me too?
Which I really find to be very profound.

Because not only am I good at making messes at work or at home, but I'm a pro when it comes to messing up my relationship with Yeshua. I trip over my mistakes and my past and present sins. I get all tangled up in the worry and constant tension of wondering if I'm doing anything right.

But...God is still faithful. Which is crazy, really. Why would someone so perfect and, well...God, stick around for a low-life like me?

But He does.

For some reason that only He knows, there's a purpose for this 21 year old, Converse-wearing, vacuum-cord-trippin', scatter-brained artist who's only trying to figure out, as Switchfoot says, "Life, and love, and why...."

So, God's beauty today: an incredible faithfulness that can only come from Him. Those messes I get caught up in (physically and spiritually) only He can turn into something with purpose.

No comments: