Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Beauty of God: Day 16 - Hope, Sweet Hope

I've been so excited for autumn.

Like, you have know idea.
The weather lately have been a bit cooler, and something in that cool air is whispering the coming of autumn, giving me a slight taste of this wonderful season to come.

I want those leaves to change, I want the crisp cool air, that autumn smell, mulled cider and pumpkin pie.

If you haven't already guessed, my favorite season is autumn.

There's so much excitement. And if you're Jewish or Messianic, you got all those fall feasts happening. Football season, hot chocolate, bonfires, cider, arm-warmers, Thanksgiving (with Christmas just around the corner).

My heart literally leaps in my chest at the thought of it all. I get chills. It's like God giving me a taste of the promised land.

It's also a time for family, friends, fellowship. Which is what makes all these things so exciting and heartwarming and fulfilling. I seriously can't wait to see everyone.

What does this all have to do with God's beauty?

Well...I feel like part of it actually has to do with His character. I know He shows us things that He knows we love (like those clouds...was it yesterday?). I think He also gives us snippets of the joys to come. Like I said, giving us previews of the promised land. Maybe He does it to get us excited for something, get our hearts ready.

So...yeah, I'm super excited. So looking foreword to this season, and hoping for a swift arrival, but that God will prepare my heart for what's ahead during this time of waiting.

No comments: