Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beauty of God: Day 30 - A Change of Heart = Strength of Heart...?

Wow...the last day.

Unless you count tomorrow, bein' all a recap of what all's been happening.

Anyway...today was my second day as a floater. Wasn't any less stressful, as I did all the driving from building to building with my supervisor.

Honestly, I was dreading it all. For some reason, some kind of fatigue decided to hit me (I thought sleeping it off would help...but it didn't), and just knowing that everyday is gonna be different.

I prayed for a serious change of heart, because I'm even still longing for my old building, with the people and stability.

But, as I met my supervisor and we went around to the different buildings, the job started to get easier and easier. My supervisor is a neat woman, very friendly and amiable.

I was very discouraged about this job, being constantly on the run and having jobs up in the air.
But I think there's a bit of a peace about it now...could be the experience and repetition, but I think also God's hand is absolutely all over this.

More openings are coming up, which is good.

I think the beauty is how God can change your heart, whether in small ways or great. 

And I don't know why, but somehow, this is the song that seems to fit with this day. 

http://youtu.be/ISgr8SgCYbY

Well You took my day and You flipped it around
Calmed the tidal wave and put my feet on the ground

Yeah, that's what happened, I think. 

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26

That verse has been resonating in my head (thanks Chris).  And I'm definitely beginning to realize this.  Something happens when you call on the name of Yeshua Messiah.  He is enough, and He can give you that change of heart, no matter how discouraged you feel, physically, mentally, or spiritually.

So...a change of heart = strength of heart.

Actually...I think it's more like, once you realize Who is the strength of your heart, you realize Who gives you that change of heart you need.  The more it's realized that Yeshua is your portion, the more you realize how your situation isn't as bad as you thought. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen-you just changed my attitude about my work!

Anonymous said...

you are doing great with this, jenz!