Friday, August 19, 2011

Beauty of God: Day 19 - For Lack of Better Title....

I have way too much on my mind right now.
And a lot of it is really just me feeling like I'm on some kind of pedestal right now, because I'm realizing how full of it my thoughts are.

Like, I've got my own biased opinions about stuff going on. And I'm stubborn and don't want to agree or listen to other people's opinions, whether I'm in the right or not.

For what ever reason, my pride is all puffed up.

And I need someone to literally knock me off that pedestal I'm on.

Because my thoughts won't stop. They're going too fast and too much at once, and I can't seem to calm down.
Maybe I've just had too much caffeine.
Maybe I'm just too excited about all the good stuff coming up, like hanging with my friends tomorrow.

But all this pride and excitement is starting to really exhaust me.

And I really think, along with getting back to the basics in life, maybe I need to be humbled.

Because I'm realizing how super stubborn I'm being right now. All because I'm too proud to really care.

God help me, because this pride is blinding me to what You have to really show me.

No comments: