Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Beauty of God: Day 2 - Community

For some reason, I feel like this update is tougher than the last one.

Which is ridiculous, because you'd think on such an awesome day like today was, there'd be plenty to update about.
Maybe my brain was just too fried.

But what spoke to me the most today was the people I work with. And the people I see every day.

There is a huge support group where I work. You wouldn't think these people would take the time to converse with a low-life cleaning lady like me, but they totally do.

Whenever I see these people, I always do my best to smile and say hello. Tonight, as I was vacuuming, one of the regular guys came in and I gave him a smile and said hi. He stops in the hallway and says, "You're always smiling."

Why wouldn't I smile at these people?

I firmly believe God created people for fellowship and community.
I don't know much about these people, or what they all even believe, but I wonder if they even recognize this awesome quality and attribute in that place.

So. What's beautiful about today?

The community of hardworking, genuine people.

No comments: